Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mini Taco Bowls


For those of you who don't know, my neighbor and I take turns teaching a weekly cooking class to our collective 5 kids. This is what I taught today and since it goes along so nicely with Kristen's last post, I thought I would share. For dinner I made slightly bigger versions, using glass bowls on a cookie sheet. The muffin tins produced a crispier shell, so maybe I'll line the bowls with foil next time, Anyway, they were a big hit and super easy.

Now I need to buy some vanilla bean ice cream and combine this recipe with Kristen's and make yummy cinnamon-sugar ice cream bowls...maybe topped with fruit salsa!

Mini Taco Bowls

8 small flour tortillas
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups chopped lettuce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup Ranch Dressing

Heat oven to 350°F. Microwave tortillas on HIGH 30 sec. Press 1 tortilla into each of eight 2-1/2-inch muffin cups. Carefully fold back edges of tortillas, leaving opening in center of each for filling. Bake 10 min.

Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in salsa; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 min. Spoon into tortilla bowls; top with remaining ingredients.

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

I love the idea of the cooking class!

Taco bowls are a great idea...not as hard as I thought they'd be.

Syphus Family said...

Thanks Sherry! We tried this tonight and it was a hit!