Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Banana Bread with cinnamon-sugar-nut filling


It's your lucky day because you are getting 2 recipes from me today! Here's the first one:

I was always searching for the best banana bread recipe--trying a new one every time and finally found this one. I've made it several times and it's been equally good each time so I figure I'm sticking with it!

1/2 Cup butter, softened
3/4 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup smashed bananas (about 3-4 medium)
2 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
*

For filling combine:
1/2 Cup nuts (I like pecans, but walnuts would be good as well)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbs. brown sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs & vanilla, Add bananas and sour cream. Combine separately flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to cream mixture.

Pour half of batter into greased loaf pan, spoon half of the filling over top. Pour rest of batter on top of that, and finally the last of the filling over very top. Bake at 350 degrees for 32-38 minutes. Put tinfoil over top during last half of cooking if top is getting too brown. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.

*I like to add some cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and ginger to my batter because I like my banana bread a little "spicy."

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I have bananas in the freezer waiting to try this!