Tuesday, February 26, 2008

good to know!


I was browsing some fitness information and came across this place that calculates the average amount of calories burned during certain activities...here some that I thought might be beneficial for you to know!

housework-60 minutes = 180 calories
sex- 60 minutes = 270 calories
shopping- 60 minutes = 150 calories
stroll in the park (walking 2mph) 60 minutes = 168 calories
chasing after 2 year old (walking 5mph) 60 minutes = 498 calories
gardening (it's that time of year!) 60 minutes = 345 calories
brushing teeth- 10 minutes = 28 calories
laundry/folding clothes- 60 minutes= 144 calories
making dinner (as long as you don't eat it while you cook it) 60 minutes= 147 calories
playing cards- 60 minutes = 117 calories

6 comments:

also known as shell said...

ooooh lovin the new site! I gained 3 lbs by eating a whole box of thin mints tonight. uh yeah... by myself.

Lori said...

I love the housework idea. I'm getting my house clean and burning calories! Yeah!

Sorensen Family said...

I have lost so much weight since we have moved into this bigger house... but I think that Im starting to cut corners a little bit because Im sick of doing all of the work! Good information!

brandee williams said...

I like this new blog. Keep up the good work!

Aranne and Dan said...

Hey there.. I stumbled across your swap (haven't signed up yet though - not sure if I have the time) but this site is great. Keep those ideas coming!

Shawn said...

Who really has sex for 60 minutes?? Yikes!